Our Family

Our Family
A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. Ps. 16:9

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Speaking the Truth in Love

So, I've tried blogging before, but was not successful due to many reasons.  Partly because the previous blog form I used was too cumbersome, and then also because I never felt like I had much to share about.  After having had the year we've had, the Lord has shown me that not only do I have something to say, we all do.  Any of us who have been called "out of darkness into His marvelous light" (1 Pt. 2:9)  have something PROFOUND to say.  If only we would.  Most of the people I know are Christians.  True, born-again, Spirit-filled believers.  Yet they, like myself, have trouble truly expressing what God has done in, and through them.  I am among them.  It's hard to put into words, what is going on inside. 

Many of us have a hard time explaining what has gone on inside our hearts, first at conversion, then during the ongoing process of being "conformed into the image of His Son" (Rm. 8:29), also called sanctification.  If you're like me, you really don't want to share what is going on inside.  It is often dark, seedy, and sinful.  For some reason, we have bought into the lie that Christians should appear perfect, even though we all KNOW that no one is. 

I think I have a bit of a reputation as someone who tells it like it is.  Part of that comes from my mother:), part of that is who God made me, and also partly because I have really learned that NOT saying things does no one any good.  I want to be honest about what is going on with me, and truthful about what I see going on with others.  My best friend Andrea said this of me, and I quote, "You are always honest about your faults which challenges me to do the same." What I am STILL learning is the "speaking the truth in love" (Eph. 4:15) part. 

That is one of my desires in life.  Whether it be with my husband, children, extended family members, church family, unbelievers, or strangers, I want to be someone who speaks the truth in LOVE.  But I need you.  I need the people in my life to help me with this.  I need to be held accountable when I don't speak the truth.  I need to be held accountable when I don't speak in love.  I hope and pray that those who love me will speak the truth to me.

John 14:6  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me."

2 comments:

  1. Dear Friend.....seems I have the privilege of becoming your first follower :)
    So glad to see your blog and most definitely look forward to what is to come.....
    We are bound by our Lord and the love that He pours out on us. May He continue to pour Himself through you, and me, to the world around us!
    In His Grace, Always,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking what I am hearing....good job. Keep it up! Love you and I KNOW God has profound things to say through you.

    ReplyDelete