Our Family

Our Family
A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. Ps. 16:9

Monday, March 19, 2012

Getting Ready...Or Am I?

So, it seems like our family moving on to continue our "Adventures in Missions" in Canada is becoming a reality.  The reason I know this is because I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all the things popping up that need to get done before we go. 

I'm actually grateful to tie up loose ends that should have already been tied up.  Things like getting rid of all the extra's we've accumulated over the years, updating our snail mail/email lists, finalizing life insurance policies, and getting the kids' Canadian citizenship cards.  That is just the tip of the iceberg of course, but it does feel good to at least start there.

I know so many who have been where we are, and they managed to get to the mission field in one piece, so I know it can be done.  I just don't want to ignore life/ministry/kids/husband in the process of "getting ready".  Sometimes I feel like that is exactly what is happening though.

I can relate to the disciples, when they were rebuking the people who were bringing children to Jesus so He could bless them.  We're not told what their heart's intention was in refusing the kids, but it probably was in an effort to do other, "more important" ministry.

I confess I do that with my kids sometimes.  I do other "more important" ministry things, instead of engaging with them.  So they end up watching something mindless on netflix for the wii, or wandering around the house, not sure what to do, probably thinking, "Is this the best there is?"

I can't believe I just confessed that.  But you probably already knew that about me.  You might even be like me in some way.  As I'm typing, I'm listening to Pandora Radio, and Jeremy Camp is singing "Holy fire, burn away, my desire, for anything, that is not of you, and is of me, I want more of you, and less of me."  I really do want to get rid of the things in my life that are not of Him. 

The list might be lengthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment