Our Family

Our Family
A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. Ps. 16:9

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Our Kids' summer (part 1)

Here are Ethan and Eli's summer updates.

I (Ethan) was happy that I got to go to TMI this past summer.  I got to make new friends, and have fun with some friends on my team that I already knew.  I liked the food and the obstacle course.  I liked my tent partner, Spicer, and all of my leaders.  I learned the Roman Road, which are verses found in the book of Romans, in the Bible that show you how to become a Christian.  I also enjoyed being in the pool with all of my friends.

Our project was to make cookies and bring them to a sheriff's office and a fire station.  We sang songs and shared Jesus with them.  I also memorized Bible verses, and my favorite is Romans 6:23.  "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


                                                Me learning puppets.
                   My team and I getting ready to bake a batch of cookies.
                                    My cute self (my mom wrote this).

This past summer, I (Eli) got to go to Scotland on a missions trip with TMI.  My parents and older brother and sister had gone on teams, and I have wanted to go for a few years.  Before I got to Scotland, I had to go to boot camp.  For the most part I liked it, with the food being my favorite.  The worst were the mosquitoes, which all the staff said was the worst ever.  And that's saying a lot.  I also liked the Obstacle Course (OC), because it got me active.  I learned to persevere at Boot Camp.

Then it was off to Scotland.  Our project was to landscape a Christian camp.  The work was sometimes hard, but I enjoyed it.  We were glad that we finished our project.

While we were on our team, we had to memorize verses, and my favorite is I Cor. 13:11.  "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

My team and I getting ready to run the Obstacle course.  We ran this at 5:30 every morning.
                                          Landscaping in Scotland.
                                My adorable self (my mom wrote that).

I just want to thank all of my supporters for helping me go on the trip.  I couldn't have gone without your support.

Bill and I also want to thank all those who gave and prayed for our family this past year.  We know that God works through the prayers of His people, and we are so glad He does!!

No comments:

Post a Comment