Our Family

Our Family
A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. Ps. 16:9

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Our Kids' Summer (part 2)

Liam

I too went on a summer missions trip this past summer, also going to Scotland.  Boot Camp was hard for me.  I fell in the slough almost every day during the OC, but I persevered because of Miss Barb's (Boot Camp cook) cooking.  I also learned how to do some balloon art like a cross, and Jonah and the whale.
Then it was off to Scotland.  I pretty much  liked everything about it, especially the evangelizing playground.  That was a playground where we went almost every day, to evangelize.  We used the wordless bracelet and tracts to share the Gospel.  We also went to Edinborough to sight see, shop, and play on an amazing playground.

We finished our landscaping project, which included pulling weeds, planting shrubs and bushes.  We even got our picture in the local newspaper.




I learned how to evangelize, and memorized many verses.  My favorite is 1 Cor. 10:13.  "There hath no temptation taken you, but such as is common to man.  But God is faithful, and will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able.  But will, with the temptation, also make a way to escape that ye may be able to bear it."




Simon

This past summer, for my birthday, my parents bought me a plane ticket to visit my best friend Micah in New Hampshire for 2 weeks.  It was a pretty awesome time.  I swam in a canal, fished by a dam, went blueberry picking and camping.


I'm excited about moving to Canada, because I'll be able to make new friends, as I will be going to school.  I'm also looking forward to the snow!



Bronia

This past year, mom has been teaching me to cook, and I've made whole meals for my family.  I'm really enjoying it, and looking forward to doing it more.  I've also been learning to draw.  I received a sketch book and instruction book as gifts, and I'm enjoying learning.

I've also been going to tutoring and learning how to spell better.  I've really enjoyed my lessons.

I had a chance this past summer to go to North Florida and spend a week with my best friend Hannah.  We rode a zipline her dad had set up in their back yard, went to a tea party at their church, and went to the beach.  I very much enjoyed my visit, and will really miss her when I move  to Canada with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment