Our Family

Our Family
A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. Ps. 16:9

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Bronia's Food Diary (Bronia's Life in England part 2)

One of the things I have enjoyed is tasting new foods. Here is just a small sample of what I've tried.

A favourite for me is enjoying a typical English tea.






This is a typical English breakfast, which is similar to an American one, but they include baked beans with their eggs, sausage, bacon, tomato, and roasted potatoes.

And of course I had to try Fish 'n Chips.

This Steak Pie was delicious. I have fallen in love with the meat pies and tea.

This is another typical English meal.  Yorkshire Pudding, roast beef, roasted potatoes and vegetables.

And it wouldn't be complete if I didn't try a few desserts.
                                           Raspberry pie with custard
                                               Lemon pie with custard

This is the store where I do most of my shopping, Tesco.  These escalators are magnetized, so you can take your cart to the different levels without rolling down.


After years of cooking for my family, I am learning to shop for just one person, so I have to be careful that I don't buy too much. I do love to shop for food though, choosing my own menu plan and then making the food. I don't eat out often, and I make my own dinners in the communal kitchen I share with other volunteers. Often it's simple and reminds me of home, like this Greek Salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment