Our Family

Our Family
A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. Ps. 16:9

Friday, May 13, 2016

Bronia's Life in England (Part 1)

Bronia has been serving in England for over three months.  Half her time there is already up. I asked her to write a description of what her days entail. I thought some of you might be interested to see what her life looks like in England.

From Monday to Friday I get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, do my face and hair, listen to music and read my Bible. 
(This is a picture of my room. My bed is immediately to the right, where you can see a pillow in the corner)

I go to the nursery at 8 so we (all the nursery workers) can have devotions together. Then my work day starts by filling up the water pitcher and baby bottles. The kids arrive around 8:25. My job at the nursery is to always make sure the doors are locked when the parents leave. When Miriam (the head nursery volunteer) is teaching, I try to make sure the kids are paying attention, and at snack time make sure the children have drinks. 
                                                   (The toddler room)

From now on, every Thursday and Friday I lead an activity and the Bible story time.  

We go outside for about an hour and if the weather is really nice we can go outside for longer. But if it's not nice we just stay inside. The kids' parents come around 12:20, and my morning is done. 

At around 1:00 I have lunch in the dining room with the students.  North Cotes College includes a one-year Bible School, a one-year cross-cultural training course (what my parents did in Canada), and a one-year Applied Linguistics course, so there are many students for me to get to know.




In the afternoon I work in the Guesthouse. My job there varies a little, depending on whether people are coming or going. Sometimes I make sure the bedrooms are ready for guest, or that the bathrooms are clean. I vacuum the hallways and do the laundry. My favourite job there is to do the rooms. I start working in the guest house at 2:15 and end around 5:15.



In the evenings my time is my own.  Sometimes I watch a movie with some of the people here or maybe play a game. Every Monday at 7:30 all the volunteers go to miss Mandy's house for some fellowship time together. She is the volunteer coordinator, and the one who takes care of me here :) 


And then sometimes I will just take time for myself and go on a walk. The campus is beautiful and right now it's spring so there are beautiful blossoms everywhere. 



The ocean is right by the campus, and the weather here is interesting. One day it will be perfectly sunny with a light wind. The next few days will be rainy and cold. In the evening and morning sometimes you can see your breath. It is flat like Florida and the grass is thick and green.

Everybody here is great. They are friendly and like to include you in things so I'm slowly making friends. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Bronia for sharing your adventure with us! Am so excited for you and know Father has so much more for you as time goes on! May you continue to experience His Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Monica. It is thrilling to see your children living in obedience to God, and seeing them flourish.

    ReplyDelete