Our Family

Our Family
A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. Ps. 16:9

Friday, July 15, 2011

We are still alive...

So, we have now finished one full week of juicing.  7 days.  First, the stats that everyone wants to know.  As of this morning, Bill weighs 273 lbs, and I weigh 266.  That means we have both lost 9 pounds in 7 days. 

Let me first say that this is NOT a quick fix.  If you are looking at this as a possible way to lose weight fast, you are looking at it for the wrong reason.  Even though we have lost weight quick, we are not looking at this as a temporary fix.  Not only are we committed to doing the juice fast for 30 days, we are MORE committed to changing our lifestyle.  We want that more that just weight loss.  Changing our lifestyle is the part we need the most encouragement with.

Last week Thursday evening was our first taste of a juice, and we officially began last week Friday morning.  We also left that morning for the weekend in Merritt Island.  We packed up our juicer and a cooler full of fruit and veggies, and made our way east.  We were on our way to see our boys commission from Teen Missions International's (TMI) 10-day boot camp.  They both did well, and are busy serving the Lord in Scotland right now.  Here is a link for an update. http://www.teenmissions.org/2011/07/15/scotland-pt-update-11074/
We were also privileged to see the final launch of the space shuttle program.    It was a great weekend, except...

Saturday night, Bill had taken a bus with 2 teams to the Miami airport.  The teams always leave things on the bus, and Bill brought those items home.  Why, I'm not sure.  He brought Crunch 'n Munch, Pringles Cheddar cheese, and some other random candy and cracker items.  SERIOUSLY???  After 2 full days on the fast, I admit, I caved.  I'm not a huge fan of Pringles, and even less of a fan of cheddar cheese flavor, but for some reason, I could not resist.  So, I allowed us to have the portion size, which is only 16 chips.  Notice that Bill did not have any.  Bronia, Simon, Ethan, and I all had our portion size.  However, I felt sick to my stomach almost immediately.  That was it for cheating for the day.  The next day I had 4 chips, and have not cheated in that way since.

I have cheated in the sense that I ate an avacado, and have popped some fresh bing cherries in my mouth from time to time.  I just miss the action of chewing.  Other than that, it really is just the juice.  Many have already asked and I'll answer for those who are wondering.  For the most part, I do not feel hunger.  I feel a need to chew/eat, only for the sake of doing it.  Not because I'm hungry.  We have both been surprised by that.  Even our kids have said they don't feel hunger by just juicing.  The kids are back to eating, but their diet has drastically changed.  We hope to make those changes permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment